Zucchini Peas SoupBy Ramya Hegde
Simple , Nutritious , Creamy and oh so delicious Soup. This is similar to my Asparagus Soup , only even more healthier and less carbs:)
* 1 Zucchini , Sliced And Halved ( Save 2 To 3 Slices For Garnish)
* 1 Cup Frozen Peas
* 1 Bunch Asparagus Trimmed , Cut Into Medium Size Peices
* 2 Small Onion , Chopped
* 3 To 4 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
* 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil , Chopped
* 1 Tsp Freshly Ground Cumin
* 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint , Chopped
* 2 To 3 Cups Of Chicken Stock, If You Don't Have Chicken Stock Go Ahead And Use
* 1 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
* Kosher Salt To Taste
* 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
* 1 Tsp Butter
1. Heat the Olive oil in a saucepan , over medium heat and add some butter.
2. When the oil is hot, add the chopped Onion and Garlic.
3. Saute for about 5 minutes till the onion is translucent.
4. Add the Zucchini, chopped basil and ground cumin.
5. Saute for a few minutes and then add the cut Asparagus, kosher salt and
6. Saute till Zucchini and Asparagus are tender , now add the peas.
7. Then add 2 to 3 cups of chicken Stock or water and bring to a simmer
over high heat.
8. Decrease the heat , cover and cook for about 5 mins
9. Remove from heat and Puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
10. Return the soup to a simmer , then stir in the chopped
11. Ladle the soup into individual bowls and garnish with the sliced Zucchini
and Mint and serve hot.