Thimare / Brahmi DalBy Vasanthi
Healthy wholesome goodness
* 1 Cup Toor Dhal ( Yellow Lentil)
* 2 Cups Washed And Cleaned Thimare / Brahmi Leaves
* 1 No. Onion Chop Finely
* 2 No. Tomato Chop Medium Size
* 2 No. Green Chilly Slice Each Into Two Halves
* 1 Small Bunch Coriander Leaves
* 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
* 1/2 Tsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
* 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
* 2 Clove Garlic Mashed
* 2 Dried Red Chilly
* 1 Tsp Ghee You Can Skip Ghee And Just Use Oil
* 2 Tsp Oil
1. Pressure cook the dal and keep aside.
2. Take some oil in a pan and heat
3. Once the oil is hot add the mashed garlic followed by the mustard seeds
4. Once the mustard seeds starts spluttering , add the cumin seeds and dried red
chilly followed by
the onions and green chilies.
5. Saute the onions till golden brown in color. Now add 1 tsp ghee , followed by
little salt and turmeric powder. Saute for 10 secs.
6. Add the tomato pieces and saute for about 5-7 minutes till the tomatoes are
7. Now add the cooked toor dal and water if required based on the consistency
required. Add the thimare / brahmi leaves , Cover the pan and cook for about 10
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve with rice or chapati.