Stuffed Bell PepperBy Vasanthi
Healthy wholesome dish, can be served as starter or main dish.
* 1 Cup Quinoa
* 2 Cups Chicken Stock
* 3 Bell Peppers, Mixed Colors, Seeded And Halved
* 4 Cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced
* 1 Eggplant, Chopped
* 1 Zucchini, Chopped
* 1 Red Onion, Chopped
* 2 Plum Tomatoes, Chopped
* 1 Handful Basil Leaves, Chopped
* 1 Handful Coriander Leaves, Chopped
* 1 Handful Mint Leaves, Chopped
* 1 Teaspoon Dried Crushed Pepper
* 1/2 Cup Crumbled Feta
* 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
* Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C .
- Wash 1 cup quinoa thoroughly. Take a saucepan add 2 cups Chicken Stock and the
quinoa and bring to boil .
- Cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed for about 15 - 20 minutes. Then
fluff with a fork.
- Drizzle the bell pepper halves with Olive Oil and season both sides with salt
- Place the bell peppers in Oven , Roast cut-side down until the skins begin to
char for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temp, then arrange in a baking dish
- Heat 2 to3 tablespoons of Olive Oil .
- Add the garlic, chopped eggplant, zucchini, onions and crushed pepper. Add
salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Saute for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Now add the chopped cilantro, basil and mint leaves and tomatoes and quinoa
and keep aside
- Now Fill the pepper halves with the quinoa and vegetable stuffing and drizzle
with Olive Oil and feta crumbles.
- Place in Oven and Roast for abt 10 mins till the feta melts and serve hot .