Prawns SukkaBy Mallika Rai
One of the Manglorean specialities .
* 500 Grams Prawns Cleaned / De Veined And Tail Off
* 2 Small Onions Finely Chopped
* 1 Cup Dessicated Cocunut
* 2 Tbsp Thal Podi
* 3 To 4 No Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
* 1/4 Tsp Tamarind Paste
* 4 Tbsp Oil
1. Heat about 3 Tbsp of Oil in a pan
2. Add the chopped onions and saute for about 5 minutes till onion becomes
translucent (keeping aside some onion , about 1 tsp for garnishing at the end)
3. Add the thal powder , tamarind paste and salt and saute for 30 secs
4. Add the prawns and saute for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook the prawns.
When the prawn starts curling, its indicative that the prawns have sufficiently
5. Add the coconut and stir for about 2-3 minutes
6. Separately heat a small pan with 1 Tbsp of oil or ghee (tastes better). Add
the methi seeds and onion. Saute till onion turns dark brow.
7. Add the methi seeds and onion to the prawns and cover the pan so that it
retains the aroma. Best served with boiled rice.