Oats UpmaBy Ramya Hegde
Healthier version of the traditional Semolina Upma
* 2 Cups Quick Cook Oats
* 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
* 10 15 Beans ,Cut Into Medium Size Pieces
* 1 Carrot Cut Into Small Pieces
* 2 Tbsp Ground Nuts
* 1 Tsp White Urad Dal
* 1 2 No. Green Chilly Slice Each Chilly Into Two Halves
* 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
* 4 To 5 Sprigs Cilantro / Coriander Leaves Chopped
* 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
* 1 Tsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
* 2 Tsp Ghee
* 1 To 2 Tbsp Oil
* 21/2 Cups Water
* Salt As Per Taste
1. Dry roast the Oats in a large pan over medium flame stirring constantly for
about 5 mins, keep aside.
2. Take some oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dhal once the oil
3. When the mustard seeds start to splutter add the cumin (jeera) seeds and
curry leaves. Followed by groundnuts and green chilly
4. Then add the beans and carrot and saute for about 2
5. Then add about 21/2 cups of water. When the water starts to boil add salt and
Let it cook for about 5 to 7mins till the carrot and beans are almost cooked.
6. Now add the frozen peas and cook for about 3 to 4 mins.
7. Now reduce the flame and add the Oats little by little , continuously
stirring making sure no lumps are formed.
8. Cover the pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes till the water is absorbed and
the Oats are cooked.
9. Garnish with cilantro before serving and enjoy:)