JalebiBy Meenakshi Pathak
* 1 Cup All Purpose Flour ( Maida)
* 1 Pinch Bicarbonate (Cooking Soda)
* 1 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
* 2 Tbsp Curd ( Dahi)
* 1 Tbsp Milk
* 1 Pinch Yellow Or Lemon Food Colour
* 2 Cups Sugar
* 2 Cup Water
* 1 Cinnamon Stick
* 2 Cloves (Lawng)
* Ghee Or Oil For The Deep Fry
* A Plastic Easy Squeeze Bottle
1. In a large bowl, add maida, besan, curd, some warm water and mix well and
keep aside overnight or 24 hrs.
2. Now add remaining maida, soda, food colour and more water if required and mix
well. 3. Check whether your jalebi batter is not too thin or not too thick and
4. Now make the syrup, in a pan; add sugar, water, cinnamon stick, cloves and
boiling for 25-30 minutes. Now add milk and skim all scum that'll form while
boiling. Now check whether your sugar syrup is one string consistency and strain
5. Now fill bottle with batter.
6. Now heat ghee or oil in a flat pan and form jalebis in the form of concentric
circle and fry till crisp and drop into sugar syrup for 30 second and remove.
For more details visit